The comprehensive examination is a process in which Dr. Miranda takes necessary records to provide a thorough diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment plan . She will then discuss with you options for your treatment plan that suit your needs and affordability. This examination will include…
- Radiographs: Dr. Miranda will evaluate what radiographs (x-rays) would be needed in order to make a complete evaluation of your jaw, mouth, and teeth. Many underlying problems are found with radiographs that could not be found with just a visual exam.
- Perdiodontal Examination: Periodontal (gum) disease is the leading cause of tooth loss in the United States. Dr. Miranda will examine your gum tissues to insure that gum disease is detected and treated in its early stages.
- Gingival Probing and Pocket Depth: Dr. Miranda will use a periodontal probe is to evaluate the health of your gums and help detect signs of gum disease.
- Caries Examination: Dr. Miranda will locate areas of decay on chewing surfaces and between the teeth. Dr. Miranda uses both a visual exam and x-ray (radiographic) diagnosis to determine the most conservative treatment plan for your oral needs.
- Occusal Examination: The forces of your bite can sometimes affect the positioning of your jaw and teeth. Through minor polishing of the enamel surfaces or smoothing fillings of the teeth, Dr. Miranda can help redistribute and redirect the biting forces. Adjustments to chewing surfaces can often eliminate headaches that occur as a result of the irregular biting patterns.
- Oral Cancer Screening: With a thorough evaluation of oral cavity tissues we are able to help establish early identification of pre-cancerous conditions. The High Point Dental team is committed to prevention and early detection of pre-cancerous lesions and therefore an oral cancer screening and head and neck exam is performed at every dental appointment.