I hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: High Point Dentistry’s commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. I want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and team members safe.
Our office abides infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow these recommendations, guidance, and policies to ensure our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations. There is new guidance due to COVID-19 which will change our patients interaction with our office. These changes are all meant to ensure the safety of our patients, our team, and our community. For example…
- Our office will communicate with you before your scheduled appointment to ask some health-related screening questions. You will be asked these same questions again when you are in the office.
- Consistent with CDC recommendations, we ask that you arrive to our office with a face covering.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You will notice that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, coffee service and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- You will be given a pre-procedural mouth rinse to use prior to your appointment.
- Our team members will be wearing masks at all times.
To accommodate the many dental hygiene appointments that have been delayed, our office will be open on Fridays during the month of June from 8:00 to 12:00pm. To ensure that we do not have unexpected openings in our schedule that adds uncompensated expense to our business, a credit card will be needed to secure one of these appointments.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 262-373-1850 or visit our website www.highpointsmile.com and click on the “contact us” page.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Dr. Miranda Peter